Learn More About Spray Foam Insulation
Many people are under the impression Spray Foam is bad for a property and quite rightly too.
A good few years ago Direct Sales Companies started selling Polyurethane and similar Spray Foams as Home Improvement products. This caused all kinds of issues, for example condensation, fire issues, off gassing harmful emissions, unable to remove tiles, problems selling properties, the list goes on.
For this reason Spray Foam got a bad name and unfortunately, to many people, foam is just foam.
This is a totally incorrect assumption.
Icynene Spray Foam Loft Insulation
- Icynene LD-C-50 Spray Foam is a patented water blown product with no harmful chemicals.
- Within seconds Icynene expands at hundred to one, comprising of mostly air.
- The amazing thing is, Icynene creates a complete air barrier but at the same time manages moisture within the environment, this makes Icynene seriously unique. Icynene actually cures condensation issues in properties and lets wood dry at a rate that eliminates the potential for rot.
- Icynene LD-C-50 is being applied to churches, hospitals, schools due to the fact it has passed all toxicology tests.
- If there is a fire, tests show that you can gain an extra 15 minutes to egress a building.
- Icynene also flexes with the building due to its open cell structure and will last the life of a property without losing any insulation properties.
- Icynene is easily removed to necessitate building works like extensions, velux windows etc.
- Icynene can be sprayed directly over electrical cables and cables can be easily removed.
- If there is no membrane Icynene could be sprayed directly to the back of the tiles. Within 24 hours the tiles could be removed exposing the back of the product however; there is enough adhesion to eliminate tile slip from nail erosion. Note: In this Country the BBA (British Board of Agrement) require that we insert a membrane from the inside before the Icynene application. We would seek permission to do otherwise.
- Icynene has a list of major accreditations and has been around since 1986. Icynene is Government Approved and is already being applied to new builds in the UK.
All Data Sheets and Brochures can be found here. Icynene Insulation Data Sheets
Drastic energy savings, Retain heat during winter, Keep property cool during summer, Added value to property, Raised energy performance, Healthier, No outdoor pollutants, No fibrous particulates, No mould spores, Manages moisture, No more condensation problems, Extend the lifetime of the roof, Sound proofing, More storage space, A great investment opportunity.
Questions & Answers
Questions and Answers can be found here.Top 10 Question about Icynene Insulation
Once Icynene has been applied we can also:
- Bag up and remove the old insulation.
- Vacuum all harmful particulates
- Supply & fit 22mm P5 Chipboard Loft Boarding as per current Building Regulations.
- Supply & Fit Loft Ladders Tested Certified BS7553 Class G.
Packages can be found here.Cost to install Icynene Insulation